Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 2 didn't go so hot.

Mr. Stinky clearly had big emotions over the orphanage video. When Arleta was trying to talk to him he turned in to a raging lunatic. She told us he is not as healthy as we think he is and he does a very good job of making us think he is healthier than he is.

It is a little disheartening for me because he was the one I was able to devote a lot of attachment time to when he first came home. I did it like textbook and it still didn't work because he lived in the orphanage of the first 11-months of his life and his brain has been hardwired. I am realizing that even though my kids are making progress this will be a life long time of retraining their brains. Neglect and trauma suck!

The other two got with the program a little better today and talked about their feelings.

2 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Amen, again :( Our little men's paths do require a lifetime of healing. It's so healthy that you know that. And, I know the brick wall of realizing sucks BIG TIME.

Hugs to you - cm

Dia por Dia said...

I know how disheartening this can be. Corazon was the one who seemed to be making so much progress but it was also a big part of her wall. It took us a long time to get through it but we have. Just remember it will take a long time for them to unlearn and move past what got hard-wired into their brains but they will and they do. I am so glad you found a therapist that works for y'all.
Best,
Dia