Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do you see what I see?


When you look at this picture what do you see? Perhaps a pair of jeans with holes in the knees?

Look closer and you will really see nerves and triggers. Mr. Stinky put these holes there within the first week of school because he picks and pulls on them so much. This stress is one of the many reasons we have chose to homeschool him.

The other night we were at our favorite restaurant and chatting about how much Mr. Stinky has increased his eating since being home. I said, "He never ate 1/2 as much in a day as he is eating now." and he said, "Yeah, but at school I was hungry all the time."  My heart sank and broke for him and the mommy guilt poured in. He had been sitting in an "institution", holding his emotions together while he was starving and I wonder why he came home and would bounce off the walls and fall apart? Man, I can be SUCH an idiot sometimes. There is nothing quite like a trigger that can cause crazy behaviors.

No comments: