Thursday, December 2, 2010

Losing my mind

Mr. Stinky is not having bad outlandish behavior, but lots of fake laughing, antagonistic behavior and it is sending me over the edge. He never takes a break and I am realizing how much he fills up the silent void with this. I thought Mr. Screech was bad with his chatter, but this might be worse.

Tonight, Mr. Happy had an outlandish moment of spilling water and instead of using Love and Logic I lectured over spilled water. When am I going to learn?

Mr. Screech always tries to make bedtime a battle, and tonight was no exception, even when I use Love and Logic tips like, "Do you want to put your pj's on now or in 5 minutes?" He said, "In 5 minutes" but when the time rolls around he screams and yells he is NOT putting on his pj's. I ignored and went on with the bedtime routine with the other two boys and in the end he lost his story.

I had read the other two and when he handed me his I said in an empathetic tone, "Oh I'm sorry we don't have time to read another story because of all the time it took to put on your pj's." Of course, he went into a tyraid again and I ignored and tucked the other two in bed. He made it to his bed and then I tucked him in too.

Now, I am just exhausted! It is so draining to have a 3-year-old screaming at you.

3 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

Oh I know. I know. I know. I know. Hoping it gets better soon!!!

Megan said...

Amen sista! Thanks for leaving a comment! I'm so glad to have found you while we live our parrallel lives ;-) Hang in there!

Trauma Mama said...

It has to get better right?
Thanks ladies! It is nice to have support.