Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5K? Say what?!!!

I am not a runner! I like to do cardio exercise, but I am not a runner! However, I took Corey's challenge and now it is on.

I started Monday used the track at the YMCA. My lungs do not cooperate with running so I jogged until I couldn't breath right and then started walking. I have not smoked a day in my life so I don't know why they have to be so difficult. Sigh...

As I was starting my brisk walk, I was battling in my head about jogging in front the other people. I had thoughts of, "What if they make fun of my jiggles. Holy Moly I have big boobs! What if they are having thoughts of me getting black eyes!" I know those thoughts crossed my mind!"  A big step for me was to overcome those thoughts and jog anyways. My health is at stake here and it is important. I even took the time to stretch and I have NEVER done that in a gym before. I was always to embarrassed too. I guess therapy was good for me in a lot of ways.  

I am following the running plan from Couch to 5K and I am hoping to be at 5K level by March 6th. Now I wish I was going to Orlando with everyone else! Oh well, maybe Corey will plan another retreat. 

No comments: