Friday, February 11, 2011

He said, "Thank you"

Yesterday, we were at the store and found some shirts on clearance. Mr. Stinky is really into legos so I got him a lego shirt. Last night, when he was going to bed he said, "Thank you for buying me the lego shirt today."
This is HUGE for a child who typically thinks only of himself and has the attitude it is owed to him. Progress!!!

Overall, I am so pleased with our homeschooling. We have not been deep in the textbooks, but I have been reaching out more with therapeutic parenting and touch. I have noticed in the past few days Mr. Stinky is reaching out to me a lot. It is awesome!
We got our Sonlight Curriculum and Math U See this week so I plan on starting the books on Monday.

Everyone is doing well since my weekend trip on Jan 28th. I won't say it is quite back to where it was, but it is getting their quickly. I am so pleased!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Woo hoo!!!! Great news!

Seven From Heaven said...

Thats great. It always feels good to see your making progress.

Sarah said...

Yay! That's awesome! You are doing a great job. :)